CE & UKCA marking

Companies selling construction products on the European market need to comply with a harmonized European standard. Control Union provides CE marking certificates for forest products as defined in the EU Construction Product Regulation 305/2011.

Before a product can be certified, an auditor from Control Union will assess whether the product meets preordained standards. During the initial assessment, the compliance of the product and its manufacturing process are checked. Initial testing of the product might be required as well before a product certificate is issued. After the initial assessment, conformance of the product and its manufacturing process will continue with internal and external quality assurance.

Additionally to CE marking certificates, Control Union also carries out inspections, audits, verifications and issues certificates for the following certification schemes:

  • FSC® (Forest Stewardship Council®)
  • PEFC (Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification Schemes)
  • EU TR (EU Timber Regulation)
  • Keurhout


Control Union and Finotrol (Finland) now also offer UKCA (and UKNI for Northern Ireland) marking assessments. The UKCA (UK Conformity Assessed) marking is a new UK product marking used for goods being placed on the market in Great Britain (England, Wales, and Scotland). It covers most goods that previously required the CE marking, known as ‘new approach’ goods.

This website uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. By continuing to use this website you consent to the use of cookies in accordance with our Cookie Policy