Control Union Certifications is accredited for FSSC 22000, which is a certification scheme for food and feed safety and quality management systems in compliance with ISO22000/9001 requirements, sector specific Prerequisite Program (PRPs) requirements and additional scheme requirements.
FSSC 22000 focuses on assuring food safety by defining, evaluating and controlling risks and hazards during processing, manufacturing, packaging, storage, transportation, distribution, handling or offering for sale or supply in any sector of the food chain.
The scheme is owned by the Foundation FSSC 22000. Control Union Certification is only accredited for some of the food chain categories. FSSC registered certification bodies can provide third party certification in the standard. The certification standard is also Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) recognised.
The scheme is intended for the audit, certification and registration of food safety management systems for the following scopes and product categories:
- Farming for meat, milk, eggs and honey (excluding trapping, hunting and fishing).
- Manufacturing of food products such as perishable animal or plant products, ambient stable products and (bio)chemicals.
- Manufacturing of food packaging and packaging material (for example, materials that have direct or indirect contact with the food).
- Manufacturing of food and feed for animals, such as pet food, animal feed and fish feed.
- Transport and storage services, including those across the food supply chain.
- Catering preparations, storage and, where appropriate, the delivery of food for consumption, at the place of preparation or at a satellite unit.
- Retail and wholesale provision of finished food products to a customer (for example retail outlets and wholesalers).
Control Union Certifications BV is accredited by RVA for this scheme under registration nr. RvA-C499 Mgmt. Sys.
We are not accredited for the following clusters/categories (as yet):
AI – Farming of animals for meat/milk/eggs/honey
AII – Farming of Fish and seafood
EI – Catering
FI – Retail/Wholesale