The GLOBALG.A.P. standard enhances good agricultural practices and reassures consumers about how food is produced on the farm. This is done by minimising the detrimental environmental impacts of farming operations, reducing the use of chemicals and ensuring a responsible approach to worker health and safety and animal welfare.
In an age of continuous change and development with high concern for health, the environment and resources, retailers and consumers demand products obtained in a responsible manner. Therefore, producers around the world need to comply with the GLOBALG.A.P. standard. GLOBALG.A.P. is internationally recognised for agricultural production and guarantees the safe and sustainable production of food.
The GLOBALG.A.P. certification includes the following aspects:
- Food safety and traceability
- Workers´ health, safety and welfare
- Animal welfare
- Integrated crop management (ICM)
- Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP)
Control Union provides certification services in the following areas:
- IFA (Integrated Farm Assurance Standard) for crops, livestock and aquaculture production
- Chain of Custody (COC)
- Compound feed manufacturing
Additionally, we can offer additional modules such as GRASP, Albert Heijn, NURTURE and FloraHolland Add-on IDA.
Environmental certification for Royal Flora Holland in 3 steps at Control Union
The sustainable cultivation of ornamental crops is becoming increasingly important for producers, buyers, consumers and the government. Royal Flora Holland wants to encourage producers to make this sustainable production visible through the GlobalG.A.P. IDA environmental certificate.
- IDA add-on and IDA module are both the GlobalG.A.P. environmental certificate which involves the registration of the 4 themes crop protection, fertilizers, water and energy using a recognized farm management system.
- IDA add-on applies to you when you want to become GlobalG.A.P. IFA certified or when your company already is and you want an extension to your existing GlobalG.A.P. package. After 3 months of registration, after the audit, you will receive, in addition to your IDA certificate, the GlobalG.A.P. IFA and the Flowers & Ornamentals certificate.
- IDA module is the LocalG.A.P. IDA, you register the 4 themes and based on this registration you will receive the LocalG.A.P. IDA certificate after the audit. This module is a low entry certificate where after 6 months of registration, after the audit, you have an IDA certificate.
IDA certification in 3 steps
Step 1 Application
- With this link you request a quote for your IDA add-on / IDA module certification.
- You sign up to a GlobalG.A.P. recognized farm management system for your digital environmental registration
- This can be done at GreenlinQ, Telersmaat or GMN Crop
Step 2 Register
- After your approval of the quotation you will receive the GlobalG.A.P. number
- You link your registration package with the GlobalG.A.P. database using the GLN and start your registration of crop protection products, fertilizers, water and energy
- Control Union ensures that your GlobalG.A.P. number is registered with GlobalG.A.P.
Step 3 Audit and certification
- After 3 or 6 months of registration, depending on the type of IDA certificate you have chosen, your company will be audited by one of our professional auditors.
- You will receive your IDA certificate after the audit
Control Union Certifications BV is accredited by RVA for this scheme under registration nr. RvA-C412 Products. The scope includes the critical offices in Ethiopia, France, Hungary, Israel, Peru, South Africa and Sri Lanka.