The Malaysian Sustainable Palm Oil (MSPO) standard has been made mandatory by the end 2019. The mandatory timeline comprise of three stages. Plantation industries that already have the RSPO certification is by Dec 31, 2018 and those without certification is by June 30,2019 while smallholders by Dec 31,2019.
The MSPO standard is aligns the management of palm oil production with many existing national laws and regulations. In the context of palm oil sustainability, the similar type of scheme been implemented are Roundtable Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO) and Indonesia Sustainable Palm Oil (ISPO).
How you benefit
The MSPO Certification provide a credible sustainable and responsible management, to bring about positive social, environmental and economic impacts, while minimising the negative impacts, particularly on its people and the environment. These benefits can be summarized as;
What the standard looks like
- Improve to standards of management
- Promotion of sustainable forest management
- Biodiversity enhancement
- Social enhancement
- Improved efficiency leading to economic benefits
- Adherence to health and safety policies
- Compliance with legal and contractor requirements
- Access to existing and new markets
The MSPO Standards (MS 2530:2013 series) consists of 4 (four) parts with 7 (seven) principles as below :
- Part 1: General Principles
- Part 2: General Principles for Smallholders
- Part 3: General Principles for Palm Oil Plantations and Organised Smallholders
- Part 4: General Principles for Palm Oil Mills
How to get certified
Get in touch with us by clicking the contact button on this page. Based on the information you provide, Control Union Certifications will send you an offer. The certification process can start as soon as you accept our offer. From that moment you also may apply for the use of the Trade Mark, conform the Rules on Communications & Claims.
The certification process