According to the Brazilian legislation, certification is mandatory for legal entities providing paid services of storage of agricultural products to third parties, including public inventories (CONAB) or those who voluntarily apply for certification. All storage units must be registered in the National Storage Company (CONAB), to be eligible for certification.
How you benefit
Control Union Certifications is an independent, international inspection and certification body accredited to carry out audits and certifications according to the UAAN Standards. In addition to the steps included within the certification process, Control Union can offer pre-audits.
What the standard looks like
The Ministry of agriculture, livestock and food supply (MAPA) has extended the deadline for certification of Storage Units through the Normative nº 41, published on 14 December 2010.
Scaling can be done until December 2017, when all units who provide paid services of storage of agricultural products, derivatives, by-products and wastes of economic value, except liquids and products stored in artificial environment, must be certified.
In addition to the scheduling changes, the Technical Requirements (Annex I) and the Conformity Assessment Regulation (Annex II) were modified through the Normative nº29, published on 08 June 2011
- Law No. 9973, 19/05/2000 – It provides about the storage system of agricultural products.
- Decree No. 3855, 03/07/2001 - Establishes the National System for Certification of Storage Units.
- Normative instruction nº 41, 14/12/2010 - Alters the period for implementation of the National System for Certification of Storage Units
- Normative instruction nº 29, 08/06/2011 - Approves the Technical Requirements (Annex I) and the Conformity Assessment Regulation of the Storage Units (Annex II).
- Normative instruction n° 24/2013 – Changes the period for implementation of the National System for Certification of Storage Units established in the normative instruction nº 41/2010